Floor Aftercare and Maintenance Instructions for Your Home in Indianapolis
It’s official: Your new floor looks amazing! So, what now?
Once our floor pros have successfully completed your floor, follow these steps for proper care and maintenance of your new epoxy floor:
The First Week
In the week after your floor is completed, whether it’s in your home, your garage, or your business in Indianapolis, it’s important to follow these floor aftercare and maintenance instructions to ensure long-lasting quality:
- Days One & Two — Before using your new floors, give them some time for the bonding and coating to cure. This will ensure your floors will last longer and look better over time.
- Day Three — On the third day after the installation of your epoxy, polyurea, or polyaspartic flooring, you can place smaller objects on your new floor, and light foot traffic is permissible.
- Day Four — At this point, if your new floor was installed in your garage, it’s officially safe to drive on it.
- Cleaning — To clean residue or oil from your new floor, we recommend Simple Green or another mild detergent.
Keep Your Home in Indianapolis Looking Beautiful with Regular Floor Maintenance
- For Routine Cleaning: Regular hosing off with water and a squeegee is a safe and effective way to clean up your flooring and maintain its shine.
- For Rusted Areas: We recommend light scrubbing with hot water. For stubborn spots, try a CLR cleaner.
- For Heavily Soiled Areas: We advise the use of a stiff-bristled broom or squeegee and treating with Premier Brand Sure Scrub and hot water. Similar neutral and residue-free cleaners may also be used.
- After the Winter Season: We highly recommend Bufferall by Rochester, which can be found in several locations online.
Please don’t use cleaners that contain acid, like vinegar. Additionally, cleaning up fluids from your vehicles as soon as possible will help extend the life of your flooring. (Note: Our warranty doesn’t cover damage to your floors from brake fluid or battery acid.) We highly recommend the use of pads for motorcycle kickstands, heavy machinery, and any other load-bearing, potentially damaging items. For ongoing maintenance, we recommend resealing your floor every 7 to 10 years. Be sure to ask about our garage floor polishing services available across the Indianapolis area!
No matter whether you choose epoxy flooring, metallic epoxy, or something else, we know you’ll love your new floors. Remember, if you’re good to your floors, they’ll be good to you. If you have any additional questions about floor aftercare and maintenance of your Indianapolis home’s epoxy floors, reach out to The Garage Floor Company!